Jewish tours and activities
Jewish heritage Tour - Guided tours for groups"…enter the good land the Lord your God is giving you as your inheritance" Deuteronomy 4:21 To reserve a Jewish Biblical Nature Tour: Kindly contact: Neot Kedumim, The Biblical Landscape Reserve in Israel Telephone: + 972 8 9770782 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Jewish Biblical Nature Tour? *
- Length of tour – 2-3 hours
- A tour of our Biblical Park which is 625 acres of hills and valleys that have been ecologically restored to their ancient glory. Our nature reserve includes vineyards, olive trees and fields of wheat and barley
- A visit to ancient agricultural installations like the cistern, the oil and wine presses and the threshing floor.
- A walk through our trails of Biblical plants depicting the land of Milk and Honey and the Seven Species. Learn about the significance and symbolism in the Bible of the date palm, the almond tree, the hyssop herb and many more.
- Hands on activities such as drawing water from the cistern, preparing hyssop seasoning (Za’atar), crushing olives, or grinding wheat.
- Add on activities (extra charge):
- Sheep herding (picture)
- Meeting a Torah scribe (picture)
- Tree planting (picture)
- Biblical Outdoor cooking (picture)
All our tours include some of the above and each season has its unique focus.
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” Genesis 8:22
Spring Tour – flowers of Israel at their peak
Tour our Biblical Park at the greenest time of year. Walk through carpets of flowers while hearing their Biblical connection. Be enchanted by the almond blossom at Tu Bishvat – New Year for the trees. Taste the new edible shoots bursting from the ground – fennel, mustard, asparagus!* Witness the blossoming of the seven species.
“Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.” Song of Songs 2:12
Summer Tour – Ripe Biblical Fruit
Walk the trail of the seven species, which are now reaching their prime. Pass through the golden fields of wheat and barley like Ruth and Boaz. Arrive at the threshing floor and experience the journey of the grain from the field to flour in order to truly understand the meaning of “by the sweat of your brow…”. Rest in the shade of the grape vine and fig trees.
“Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid” Micah 4:4
Fall Tour – The rain will fall in its season
This is the season for gathering in the crops and preparing for the rainy period in the land flowing with milk and honey. Visit the water cistern and understand its importance at this time. Try your hand at plowing and sowing the land.
Optional: Tour our famous life size Succah Exhibition and walk through the gardens of the four species looking for the biggest Etrog!
“…then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains…” Deutoronomy 11:14
Winter Tour – Olive, Oil and the Menorah
This is the olive harvesting (masik) season. Follow the olive from the tree to extraction of the oil at the authentic stone olive press. Neot Kedumim Biblical Garden is located in the land of the Maccabees where the story of Chanukah took place. Understand the connection between the emblem of the State of Israel, the menorah and olive oil and how they symbolize peace, freedom and spiritual continuity.