Christian tours and activities
Christian tours and activities at Neot Kedumim Park"…enter the good land the Lord your God is giving you as your inheritance" Deuteronomy 4:21 To reserve a Christian/Interfaith Biblical Nature Tour: Kindly contact: Neot Kedumim, The Biblical Landscape Reserve in Israel Telephone: + 972 8 9770782 Telefax: + 972 8 9770766 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Christian Biblical Nature Tour? *
- Length of tour – 2-3 hours
- A tour of our Biblical Landscape Park, which is 625 acres of restored hills and valleys that Jesus would have walked. See wide vistas of vineyards, olive trees and fields of wheat and barley learning the true meaning of the land flowing with milk and honey.
- A visit to ancient agricultural installations like the cistern, the oil and wine presses and the threshing floor. Understand their significance in Jesus’s parables.
- A walk through our trails of Biblical plants bringing the parables and prophecies to life through color, taste and fragrance. Learn about the significance and symbolism in the Bible of Zacheus’s Sycomore tree, Jeremiahs almond tree, the hyssop herb offered to Jesus and more.
- Hands on activities such as drawing water from the cistern, preparing hyssop seasoning (Za’atar), crushing olives, or grinding wheat.
- Add on activities (extra charge):
- Sheep herding (picture)
- Meeting a Torah scribe (picture)
- Tree planting (picture)
- Biblical Outdoor cooking (picture)
All our tours include some of the above and each season has its unique focus.
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” Genesis 8:22
Spring Tour – Biblical flowers at their peak
Tour our Biblical Park at the greenest time of year and see the blooming of the “lilies of the field”. Walk through carpets of flowers while hearing their Biblical connection. Be enchanted by the blossoms of the almond and the Judas trees. Taste the new edible shoots bursting from the ground – Isaiahs fennel, the wild mustard of Jesus’s parable or asparagus!* Witness the blossoming of the seven species.
“Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.” Song of Songs 2:12
Summer Tour – Ripe Biblical Fruit
Walk the trail of the seven species, which are now reaching their prime. Pass through the golden fields of wheat and barley like Ruth and Boaz. Arrive at the threshing floor and experience the journey of the grain from the field to flour in order to truly understand the meaning of “by the sweat of your brow…” Rest in the shade of the grape vine and fig trees.
“His winnowing fork in his hand..” Matthe 3:12
Fall Tour – The rain will fall in its season
This is the season for gathering in the crops and preparing for the rainy period. While standing at the water cistern understand its significance in Jeremiahs prophecy. Try your hand at plowing and sowing the land like in Psalm 126 “…who sow with tears and will reap with songs of joy”
Tour our famous life size Succah Exhibition and walk through the gardens of the four species looking for the biggest Etrog!
“…then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains…” Deutoronomy 11:14
“let anyone who is thirsty come to me.” John 7:37
Winter Tour – Olive, Oil and the Menorah
This is the olive harvesting season. Follow the olive from the tree to extraction of the oil at the authentic stone olive press. Try anointing with olive oil like our ancient kings and learn its connection to the Messiah – the Anointed One. Understand how olive trees, the tree of light, became so significant in the Judeo-Christian tradition.