Christian tours and activities
Christian Biblical Nature Tour at Neot Kedumim Park
"…enter the good land the Lord your God is giving you as your inheritance" Deuteronomy 4:21
“All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables” (Matthew 13:34)
- Tour our Biblical Park which is 625 acres of restored hills and valleys, just like the landscape that Jesus walked upon. See wide vistas of vineyards, olive trees and fields of wheat and barley, learning the true meaning of the land flowing with milk and honey.
- Visit ancient agricultural installations such as cisterns, oil and wine presses and threshing floors with citations from the Old and New Testament.
- Walk along our trails of Biblical plants engaging all your senses to discover the ancient landscape through color, taste and fragrance. Learn about the significance of emblematic Biblical plants such as the Sycomore, the almond, the hyssop etc.
- Length of Tour 2-3 hours (depending on your available time).
- Our tours involve light walking and include some of the stations mentioned above. Each season and holiday has it’s own unique focus. All the tours are interactive, educational and a lot of fun.
Add on activities (extra charge):
- Sheep herding – “The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want” (Psalms 23:1) Lead a flock of sheep and goats and learn about the qualities of a good leader based on our forefathers’ experiences.
- Torah scribe Demonstration – “…not one letter or one dot will disappear from the Law…” (Matthew 5.18) Meet our enchanting Torah scribe and learn about what is required for this unique craft: his writing tools, the Hebrew meaning of his profession and reading from an old Torah scroll.
- Tree planting – “And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees…”( Leviticus 19:23) Plant a forest tree sapling (click on the link for more information).
- Biblical Outdoor cooking – “And the land shall yield her fruit, and ye shall eat your fill…”( Leviticus 25:19) Cook a meal based on ingredients and recipes that existed during Biblical times.
Spring Tour – Biblical flowers at their peak
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow… if God so clothe the grass of the field… shall he not much more clothe you… (Matthew 6:28-30)
Tour our Biblical Park at the greenest time of year when the idyllic ‘Songs of Solomon’ come to life and be captivated by the beauty of the “lilies of the field”. Walk through carpets of flowers while discovering their Biblical connection. Be enchanted by the blossoming of the trees, and the singing of the nestling birds. Smell the magical flowers of the almond tree and taste the edible shoots bursting from the ground.
Summer Tour – The Seven Species
“A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey“ (Deuteronomy 8:8)
Walk the trail of the seven species which are now reaching their prime. Pass through the golden fields of wheat and barley like Ruth and Boaz. Arrive at the threshing floor and understand the parable of the sower (Matthew 13). Experience the journey of the grain from the field to flour in order to truly understand the meaning of “by the sweat of your brow…” (Genesis 3:19). Rest in the shade of the grape vine and fig trees as described in Micha 4:4
Fall Tour – The rain will fall in it’s season
“…then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains…” (Deutoronomy 11:14)
This is the season to gather in the crops and pray for rain to start falling to fulfill the promise of the land flowing with milk and honey. Visit the ancient water cistern and re-enact the story of Eliezer and Rebecca. Understand the relevance and importance of Jesus’ words “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink” ( John 7:37) at this time of year. Try your hand at plowing and sowing the land near the authentic threshing floor and give meaning to the phrase “…They that sow in tears shall reap with joy” (Psalms 126:5).
Winter Tour – Oil and Light
“I am the light of the world” (John 8:12)
Naturally, the winter tour focuses on the olive tree as it is the olive harvesting season. Follow the process from the olive tree to extraction of the oil at the authentic stone olive press. Discover the meaning of the prophetic phrases of Isiah “And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots… And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him…
. Explore the different uses of olive oil in ancient times and learn about it’s connection to the Menorah (Candelabra) in the Temple, the emblem of the State of Israel and the meaning of the word ‘Messiah’ in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” (Genesis 8:22)