Self-Guided Tour at Neot Kedumim
The Individual Traveler – Self-Guided Tour at Neot Kedumim
Neot Kedumim, is the world's only Biblical nature reserve, spread across 625 acres of restored landscape. Here you can find the plants and trees of Biblical Israel, excavated and restored ancient agricultural installations, vineyards and olive groves, water pools, wildlife and breathtaking views.
The individual traveler can enjoy 2 easy trails that pass by the major attractions of the park. Along the trails discover the ancient agricultural instillations and the typical Biblical plants mentioned in the scriptures. There are signs with explanations in English along the trails. Allow 2-3 hours for your visit.
Sunday – Thursday 08:30-16:00
Friday and Holiday eves 08:30-13:00
Saturday and Jewish Holidays – Closed
Entrance Fee: 25 NIS
No prior reservation required. Arrive at the Visitors Center where you will receive a map with the marked trails. Snacks and coffee are also available in the Visitors Center.
Waze – Neot Kedumim
Directions to Neot Kedumim from Tel Aviv
Distance: Appox. 20km
- Take the Ayalon South (route 20) and follow signs to Jerusalem
- At the fork, merge right (Jerusalem/ airport/ route 1)
- Drive on route 1 and at Ben Shemen interchange follow signs for route 443 towards Modiin
- After approx 3km, turn right at brown ‘Neot Kedumim’ sign
- Continue to follow brown signs to Entrance of Neot Kedumim
Directions to Neot Kedumim from Jerusalem
Distance: Approx. 40km
- Take Begin road north towards the city of Modi’in.
- Follow the signs to Modi’in which will lead to route 443.
- Continue on route 443. Approx 6km after Shilat junction look for the brown sign on your right marking the entrance to Neot Kedumim.
Public Transport to Neot Kedumim
Approx. 60 mins.
- Take Kavim bus no.110 from opposite the central bus station. It runs approx. every half an hour.
- Get off at Shilat junction (at the entrance to Modiin). From there take either bus no. 111,150, or 201 (towards Tel Aviv). After approx. 6km there is a bus stop at the entrance to Neot-Kedumim.
From Tel Aviv:
Approx. 30 mins.
- Take Kavim bus no. 111 from the Savidor- Central Train Station compound to Modiin.
- Get off at Adam junction, cross the road and turn right. There is a pavement for pedestrians along the road. Walk for about 500 meters until you reach the entrance to Neot Kedumim Park.
Please check with the bus company (Kavim) for route and schedule changes.
For bus departure times see: www.kavim.co.il or call *8787