Eco-tourism at Neot Kedumim Park
Ecological Tour at Neot Kedumim Biblical Nature Reserve
"Look at my works! See how beautiful they are- how excellent! Four your sake I created them all. Do not spoil and destroy my world, for if you do, there will be no one left to repair it…"(Kohelet Rabba 1).
What is an Ecological Tour at Neot Kedumim?
“And the LORD took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to till and tend it.” Geneses 2:15
Since that time we have gradually been neglecting our world and only taking out of it. At the Neot Kedumim Biblical Nature Reserve you can witness a park based on ecological restoration and understand the true meaning of ‘use and don’t abuse’ the land. An ecological tour steps back in time to see how the original ‘land flowing with milk and honey’ looked before it was neglected and abused and how we have restored the Biblical landscape to its former glory.
- Length of Tour – 2 hours
- Ecological awareness through the Jewish scriptures and traditions
- Neot Kedumims principals of indigenous planting as a model of restoration
- The ever important water issue and creative solutions both ancient and modern.
- A focus on specific plants and their resourcefulness in this climate.
- Suitable for any Ecotourism groups.
Activities within the Ecological tour:
- Draw water from a 2000 year old cistern
- Grind hyssop and taste it with pita bread and olive oil
- Plant acorns to rehabilitate the ancient land flowing with milk and honey
- Optional pita bread making