In this wilderness survival experience, get to know the plants in nature and their many uses, the wildlife and how it can benefit man, and learn to build using ancient materials and techniques – all on the backdrop of biblical stories and Talmudic midrashim (folklore).
We have been doing this for 20 years, and our talented guides are all very experienced!
Who can come?
Children entering grades 1-6 in September 2012
When will it be?
Sunday-Thursday, July 1-19, 2012 from 8:00 – 13:00
• There is also the option for a two-week day camp from July 8-19 for rising 5-6 graders only
• Tuesday July 10 - special night field exercise (Ash Laila) with sunrise hike for rising 4-6 grades
Who do we sign up?
Neot Kedumim by phone, 08 977 0787 or by email email@example.com
What is the cost?
NIS 1,990 per child (includes NIS 100 registration fee)
• Special rate of NIS 1,791 for the following (no more than one discount per child)
a. Early-bird registration – before June 6, 2012
b. Children with a sibling in the day camp (first child at full rate, others receive discount)
c. Children who participated in the summer day camp in 2011
d. Children who participated in the Pesach day camp in 2012
• Registration fee: NIS 100 (included in cost)
• Cancelling by June 14, 2012 (2 weeks before start of camp) – Full refund (minus registration fee)
• Cancelling between June 17-21, 2012 – 20% cancellation fee from total cost of camp
• Cancelling any time after June 24, 2012 – No refund
Wide range of activities:
• Breakfast is included every morning
• Grape stomping and wine making
• Musical performance and creating musical instruments in nature
• Building with mud-bricks
• Building an ancient stove
• Goat herding
• A meal in Abraham’s Tent and meeting the “servant of Abraham”
• Medicinal herbs workshop
• Navigating in nature using the sun, compass and map
• Story-theater on a variety of topics
• Building a tent or sukka
• Navigational games in the style of “The Amazing Race”
• Hikes and tours through Neot Kedumim – both on foot and in our special tour bus
• Much much more….